By Al Gordon
“The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is God’s victory of righteousness and life over sin and death. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the death of death… It is the door opened into everlasting life in the presence of the Holy God and all His people. It is God’s promise of eternal life in a new heaven and a new earth”.
Matthew 28:1-8 (NKJV)*
- Now after the Sabbath, as the first [day] of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
- And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it.
- His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.
- And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead [men].
- But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.
- “He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- “And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.”
- So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word.
We Christians are living proof of the resurrection
- Sin against God brings eternal death and after that judgement for sin.
- We too shall be resurrected from the dead and receive new physical bodies that share the same nature as does Jesus.
- We are already resurrected to a new life.
- We can overcome all sin and live in all righteousness.
*Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.