by Al Gordon
Opening Prayer taken from Psalm 119:4-8
- You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed.
- Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees!
- Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands.
- I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.
- I will obey your decrees; do not utterly forsake me.
We hesitate at the magnitude and the largeness and the greatness of this gift of salvation that God has given to us. We’re happy most of us… some of us, most of us I think, to limit salvation to just being forgiven. That is not the entirety of our salvation. The entirety of our salvation is the ability to walk in Christ’s righteousness.
- Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD.
- Blessed are they who keep His statutes and seek Him with all their heart.
- They do nothing wrong; they walk in His ways.
1 Thessalonians 5:23:24
- Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.