by Al Gordon
A person becomes a Christian when they understand that they do not possess even a rag of God’s righteousness, but that God’s righteousness is available as a free gift because of what Jesus Christ has done by dying on that cross.
Christianity does NOT believe that Heaven and hell, good and evil can be held together in a complimentary way that serves somehow each other.
Ezekiel 3:20-21 NKJV
- “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.
- Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul.”
Luke 5:27-32 NKJV
- After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.”
- So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.
- Then Levi gave Him a great feast in his own house. And there were a great number of tax collectors and others who sat down with them.
- And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, “Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
- Jesus answered and said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
- I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”