By Al Gordon
For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me.
Psalm 38:2 NIV
Human responses to God’s conviction
- Habakkuk 3:16
- Rotteness entered Habakkuk’s bones.
- Isaiah 6:5-7
- Isaiah was undone and needed his speech burned.
- Job 42:5-6
- Job abhored himself and repented.
- Daniel 8:27
- Daniel fainted and was sick for days after.
- Matthew 26:75
- Peter went out and he wept bitterly.
- Romans 7:24
- Paul cried out “Oh, wretched man that I am!”
When God is at work leading us into repentance He often provokes within us strong reactions.